Wednesday, March 30, 2011

one month and a half

May 25th please do NOT hurry and come. I have a love-hate relationship with this day, this is the day that I will become brotherless for two years. Yes James is leaving to Singapore in a month and a half! Luckily he'll be home for a month before he leaves, but seriously that is no time at all.

I think we're tighter than most siblings, we're three years apart and I am so grateful for his example. Never once has he refused to help me with something, our personalities are ones that only we understand. We watch things that others would find to be so stupid, but we love it for some reason? He looks out for me, supports me, and loves me. He truly is an amazing person, we're alike in so many ways, and I'm starting to realize it more and more each day.

We share so many of the same likes and dislikes, when I was in Junior High some people hated how much I would talk about him, but he's my best friend who else could I talk about? They honestly told me, "so and so doesn't like you because of how much you talk about your brother." Seriously? Is it that big of an issue?


I would rather be around James than anyone else, I will cancel plans if I know he is coming home. I'm going to miss him more than anyone could ever know. Is it selfish to say that I'm not excited for him to leave? I haven't been able to get this off of my mind ever since he got his call, it just became so real. I will be losing him for two years. Imagine what losing the closest person to you would feel like, that's how I'm feeling right now.
First photobooth picture!
Last time he'll be at Echo for two years!



I love my brother so much, and I will miss him, but I know that he's going to serve the lord, and that he's been called to Singapore for a reason. He's going to tower over everyone there, and I know I need to share him with others. JB you're going to be an amazing missionary, and thank you for all you do for me. Love you.
Favorite picture ever! James and I at his grad:)





3 comments:

  1. haley! :) you blog is so cute! as are youuuu! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Hales!!! But Im a little hurt, where are mine, Cass's and whit's posts??? Where's the love?!?!!? He will be a great missionary, but Im going to miss him like crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait for your birthday, or else if you're leaving me for two years you can choose haha.

    ReplyDelete