Monday, March 21, 2011

the phone isn't the fire alarm

Dear readers, only those who have experienced this situation will appreciate what I am about to say:

Remember 
when she would run in circles around the table when she was excited?
 when one would run to the bathroom with the phone, and the other would grab her?
 when Mom would never let her stay in the house while we were at school?
 how she would always sleep underneath James' dresser drawers?
 how she could never jump on top of mom and dad's bed?
 how she was afraid of the lion from the cereal box off of Narnia?
 how she would always sit in the drivers seat when we left her in the vehicle?
how she thought the phone was a fire alarm?
when she would poop and we would quickly clean it up before mom got home?
how she would run from whitney when she would mention bath time?
how much she loved every single one of us?
how James called her "fat mod"?
when we would walk her, it was called a drag instead of a walk?
how fat she was for such a tiny animal?

Yes in case anyone was wondering I am talking about my dog, her name was Molly, she was a shelty dog, and only a family like ours could've loved her. She barked at the phone thinking it was a fire alarm; she was trained for the deaf. We loved her because she was different, she wasn't any regular dog, she hated going on walks, and hated dog food. Though she did play fetch, she was so fat she could barely run. She was so loyal and a few times we lost her, I had never been so devastated in my life.

I remember one time walking home from school I had just hit my head on a rake(never step on a rake, it hurts quite a bit) I was crying and she knew something was wrong, she ran right up to me and started jumping knowing that I was hurt. We always left her in the garage when we would go places and I will always remember the excitement on her little face as we would open the garage and she would run out always ecstatic to see us!

She was one of the only pets I have ever had, and may I say she was a great one. We had her for about seven years, she was apart of the family. She started to get seizures later on and would always run into things, unfortunately she was suffering and we had no choice but to put her down. Next to a human's death the day she died was one of the saddest days of my life.

I don't know what made me decide to write this; perhaps it's because my best friend just got a new dog. My family will occasionally bring Molly up and I have to admit, it sometimes brings us to tears. She was a segment of my life that I will never be able to have back, and never be able to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment