Wednesday, June 1, 2011

one week down

I may be the worst blogger there is, and there is no excuse accept for the fact that I'm lazy? Anyways... So much has happened in the past little while! There's a few things I cannot mention on here, so I'll skip to the things that I can talk about.

James is gone, yes it happened. I never thought this day would come. He has been gone for exactly one week. Last Wednesday my family and I had to get up at 3:15 in the morning in order to make it to the airport by 4:30 for James to get on the plane. After a stressfilled week of getting him ready for his mish it was time for him to board the plane.


We took him as far as we were aloud. I insisted on getting a picture with him as quickly as possible because knowing myself I knew the tears were going to pour out in about five seconds upon arrival of his drop off. Well five seconds wasn't even possible. We went to take the picture and before I knew it I couldn't hold it back, so many memories of him and I flowed through my head and it finally hit me that my best friend would be leaving me for two years. We said our goodbyes, and I saw him walk through that gate knowing that I'd miss him, but also that there's a reason that he had been called to Singapore. My dad told James to call us and let us know once he'd made it through customs just so we'd know that he was alright. I was expecting him to call either my mom or dad, but about fifteen minutes later my phone started to ring, it was James. Just hearing him made my eyes well up with tears. In case no one realized my brother and I are extremely close. Anywas so he proceeds to tell me how everything went smoothly and he was alright, then the part that killed me was when he said, I love you Hales, and I'm going to miss you.

I could not have asked for a better brother. Today it has officially been a week since he's left. One week down, only 103 to go! My sister got an email from him last night, yes I was a little jealous until I found out that James had written me a letter instead! I was literally screaming and jumping for joy when I found out. The only down side is that letters from Uath take frickin forever to get here, but I can wait!

I know James is going to be an amazing missionary and I'm so excited for him and the opportunit he has to go out and serve the Lord! :)

1 comment:

  1. Awe. This made me tear up a little bit. It goes fast though. I speak from experience. =)

    ReplyDelete