Friday, August 6, 2010

relax take it easy

Tomorrow is the day I've been waiting for Echo Lake! I know everyone around me who knew I was going just wanted me gone because they were sick of me going on about my excitement! But honestly there is nowhere else I'd rather be, and an even bigger bonus every member of my immediate family is going to be able to spend a couple of days together, what more could I ask for? Some people just don't get why I enjoy it so much, and honestly neither do I, all I know is that I can leave everything behind and just "relax and take it easy". My summer would never be complete without at least one week at the lake. It's been a tradition in our family for years, and every year I act like a five-year-old on Christmas when we drive up to the cabin. I wish there was some way I could capture the scent in a jar and always be able to have it. Of course with the cabin we always have the same memories, play rook late at night with peanut M&M's, read a few books each, go to the swimming hole, go to Bigfork ward, and of course I always tell them it's my birthday, seriously try it sometime haha, also big meals on the front porch every morning and night, the bell being rung to call us in for dinner, the moths in the guest house and never wanting to sleep in there, showering in the lake, bonfires, pedicures, my cousins swimming with socks on, sunburns, suntans, going through bottles of aloe vera, tubing, wiping out on wakeboards, double skiing, the secret lake that everyone knows about, parasailing, stealing internet from the neighbours, and fifteen people all trying to get ready for church in one bathroom. Some may think these things don't sound appealing, but that's what makes them so unique special to me, because I cherish every moment of it, and I couldn't think of a better summer vacation, and I wouldn't trade our cabin for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment