Sunday, August 14, 2011

Senior?



When did I get so old? Just yesterday I remember my first day of elementary. My mother dressed me up in a terrible plaid jumper and of course I'd slept with my hair in curlers. It was one big mess. First day of junior high, I dressed myself. But I can't really say it was much better than the jumper. Pink camouflage capris, and a grey t-shirt. What was I thinking? First day of high school, Pink shirt, white cardigan, and blue skinny jeans that were too big, and I had on wayyy too much make-up. I just can't get it right.

Tomorrow is my 17th birthday and I honestly don't know where the time went! I have one more year of high school then I'm off to college. School truly flies by right before your eyes. I really am excited for my senior year but I still have so many decisions to make with my life!

1. Career path
2. What university to attend
3. Whether to retake the ACT
4. Marriage?
5. Kids?

All of these things are creeping up with me and I don't know how to handle them! My cousin took me to the singles ward today, and at first I refused because I thought I was too young. But when I went I ran into someone who was only a year older than me. I am not old enough for this. I know age is only a number, and I always get told I look older than I am. But deep down I am still that 6 year old girl who spent every summer swimming at the pool and vacationing at echo lake. Things like boys, and what kind of car you drove didn't matter. Life changes right before your eyes, and unless you stop to think about it and enjoy it. It's gone.

Grandpa Brooks' Funeral- 10 years old
Dog show- 8 years old


I think I was ten in this.

Siblings! 12 years old










I used to never think I looked any different since I was little. I think I was wrong?


No comments:

Post a Comment